School Counseling Department
Greeneville High School will host a Financial Aid/Postsecondary Planning Night for the Junior Class and their Parents on Monday, March 9th from 6:00 to 7:00 PM. Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation (TSAC) Representative, Erika Adams, will be presenting in the Kent Bewley Lecture Hall at GHS. Information discussed will include the HOPE Lottery Scholarship, the FAFSA, and the Tennessee Promise Program. Every Junior student is encouraged to attend this event to learn more about 2-year, 4-year, and Technical postsecondary opportunities.
If the video does work for you, you can watch the video at the link below:
TN Promise Seniors
- Apply for the TN Promise Scholarship Program by November 1, 2019.
- February 1, 2020 is the 2020-2021 FAFSA completion deadline for TN Promise eligibility! If you have filed your 2020-2021 FAFSA, please save your confirmation email. If you have not yet filed your FAFSA, you must do so as soon as possible!
- Attend your mandatory spring meeting on April 1, 2020 at 5:30. Student attendance is required at this meeting for TN Promise eligibility.
Parents are encouraged to attend but cannot attend for the student.If a student has an excusable absence (see policy #2 on pg. 41 of the student handbook), the student must follow the excuse form protocol highlighted on page 8 of the student handbook and complete a meeting excuse form. tnAchieves must receive a completed meeting excuse form any time prior to the meeting or within 72 hours of the conclusion of the student’s assigned team meeting in order for the excuse to be considered. A student’s failure to attend the mandatory meeting will result in the loss of the student’s TN Promise scholarship. If a student is approved to miss their assigned meeting, the student will be required to attend another institution’s meeting to satisfy the mandatory meeting requirement. A full list of mandatory meetings can be found here.
- Apply to college! Many admissions applications can be found on the college website. If you have not yet applied to college, you are encouraged to do so now.
- Get a head start on completing your community service! Volunteer now to satisfy your first TN Promise community service deadline requirement.
Students who need to speak with their counselor should sign up on the appropriate clipboard in the Counseling Office. Counselors will call the student from class as soon as time permits. If a student has an emergency, please let Mrs. Streeter know and a counselor will see them immediately.
Counselor, Director: Amy Wagner - Students with last name A-G firstname.lastname@example.org
Counselor: Kara Werner - Students with last name H-N email@example.com
Counselor: Melody Johnson - Students with last name O-Z firstname.lastname@example.org
Intervention Counselor: Phillip Wright email@example.com
Registrar: Page Streeter firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrative Assistant: Cierra Greene email@example.com