General GHS ACT Information
Test Prep Links
Below you will find links to Kaplan online help (The ones with pictures at the bottom are FREE). There are different options available to students, one of which is a paid subscription to the service to address specific individual needs. The website is https://www.act.org/content/act/en/products-and-services/act-kaplan-online-prep-live.html#free.
The other option available to students on this website is a series of 75 minute videos, one for each ACT subtest, covering most relevant topics for the section- links and descriptions below.
Free Recorded Sessions
Refresh and refine your skills in preparation for the ACT. Each of these 75-minute sessions will cover the most relevant topics on the four sections of the ACT test, and give you an opportunity to put these concepts to use on ACT test-like questions.
After attending the ACT Science lesson, you will be able to:
- Build a passage roadmap to locate important reference
- Recognize the application of the scientific method
- Analyze values displayed in charts, graphs and tables
- Read axes, units and values quickly and accurately
After attending the ACT Reading lesson, you will be able to:
- Build a passage roadmap to locate important references
- Distinguish main ideas from supporting details
- Make broad generalizations and inference from specific textual references
After attending the ACT Math lesson, you will be able to:
- Manipulate linear and quadratic equations
- Use proportions, ratios and rates to calculate unknown values
- Calculate the area of various polygons and circles
- Use the properties and relations of geometric shapes to calculate unknown values
After attending the ACT English lesson, you will be able to:
- Distinguish between correct and incorrect punctuation usage
- Determine the appropriate verb tense and pronoun case in a given sentence
- Ensure agreement between subjects and verbs, as well as pronouns and antecedents