Senior Financial Aid Information
You should be familiar with the contents of your tnAchieves Class of 2021 student handbook.
Please keep in mind the upcoming requirements and deadlines:
- Apply for the TN Promise Scholarship Program by November 1, 2021.
- February 1, 2022 is the 2022-2023 FAFSA completion deadline for TN Promise eligibility! If you have filed your 2022-2023 FAFSA, please save your confirmation email. If you have not yet filed your FAFSA, you must do so as soon as possible!
- Attend your mandatory spring meeting which will be announced once the date is determined. Student attendance is required at this meeting for TN Promise eligibility.
Parents are encouraged to attend but cannot attend for the student. If a student has an excusable absence (see policy #2 on pg. 41 of the student handbook), the student must follow the excuse form protocol highlighted on pg. 8 of the student handbook and complete a meeting excuse form. tnAchieves must recieve a completed meeting excuse form any time prior to the meeting or withing 72 hours of the conclusion of the student's assigned team meeting in order for the excuse to be considered. A student's failure to attend the mandatory meeting will result in the loss of the student's TN Promise scholarship. If a student is approved to miss their assigned meeting, the student will be required to attend another institution's meeting to satisfy the mandatory meeting requirement.
- Apply to college! Many admissions applications can be found on the college website. If you have not yet applied to college, you are encouraged to do so now.
- Community service hours (8 hours) will need to be completed between November 1, 2021 - July 1, 2022.